One of the sun god's cattle lows his tale:
It was a sunny day, and I was just out moseying around my master’s island with the other cows. The grass was particularly delicious today; there was a sweet taste to the dew that was simply indescribable. The rain was kind of annoying, but there was nothing we could moo that would change it, so we just kept eating. There was also a slight wind that made it a little chilly, but I was so busy munching my cud I hardly paid attention.
Then suddenly it happened; a ship came plowing onto the shore of our gorgeous island. Then all kinds of two legged men came running at us with weapons and fire. One man, however, stopped them and convinced them not to eat us, which I greatly appreciated. The men, however, could not leave because of the previously mentioned wind. They stayed on the island for a week and did nothing but complain about their hunger. Then they ate the one man’s rooster. That poor bird never had a chance.
Finally the day came that I was waiting for. A terrible incident befell our island of peace and grass munching. The one man who had saved our lives a week ago had fallen asleep and left his men unsupervised. Before I knew what had happened, I was being stabbed and prodded, and then I was put on a spit and stuck over a fire. The one man finally awoke and at least did me the favor of not joining in on the eating of me. Then as I started to get really tired of being feasted on, I let out one last, ghostly moo, and that did the trick. Granted I was still dead, but the men all got frightened and left. So I can now hold myself responsible for the saving of the rest of my herd.
Author: Logan
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment